Houston Public Library serves Houston's diverse community by offering opportunities for learning, fun and access to technology in multiple languages through its World Languages collection, services, resources and programs. Together, these offerings work to respond to the growth and mobility of a diverse, multicultural community in Houston.
Several HPL locations feature:
- Collections and programming reflective of the diverse languages and cultures of the community.
- Creation & promotion of multicultural awareness throughout the library system with programming, resources and services.
- Staff with Spanish-language skills available to assist Spanish-speaking customers with their information needs.
Through HPL's World Languages collection, services, resources and programs, the community will be able to engage in:
- Citizenship Classes
- Bi-lingual computer classes
- Access to Immigrant Resources (Info pass; referral to other agencies)
- Cultural Programs & workshops to increase intercultural awareness & understanding
- Conversation Classes in Spanish
- Access to computers with language tools