Register for or log in to the Summer Reading Program
This summer, enjoy the great outdoors AND the great indoors -- your link to the world, your space to dream, your library! Sign up for an adventurous, earth-shattering Summer Reading Program and get ready to:
Sail uncharted territory with science.
Tinker with technology.
Read books and discover new worlds!
Examine how things work like an engineer.
Apply any artistic whim.
Make math work for you.
Register! Read! Reap the Rewards!
REGISTER: Early registration began May 1, 2014 and continues through August 1, 2014 at any Houston Public Library location during operating hours or remotely from a computer. Receive a free book, courtesy of Rosen Publishing, upon registration!*
READ or listen to books, enter book titles or reading time online and in your Badge Log booklet (be sure to ask your librarian for one). Go to your local Houston Public Library to pick up your prizes at the various book reading levels.
ATTEND hands-on workshops, enjoy performances and take part in activities to earn your Camp STREAM sticker badges (collect them in your Badge Log booklet)! Participate in at least 5 library programs ** and read a minimum of 5 books, to receive a special prize pack: a book bag and Chipotle meal coupon!*
REWARDS for reading include:
- Registration: one free book and one $5.00 “Read Down Your Fines” coupon.
- 5 books or 5 hour level: reading certificate and one $5.00 “Read Down Your Fines” coupon.
- 10 books or 10 hour level: one free book and one $5.00 “Read Down Your Fines” coupon.
- 20 books or 20 hour level: additional free book, one coupon for the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, and one $5.00 “Read Down Your Fines” coupon.
- 30 books or 30 hour level: one admission voucher for the Houston Zoo, and entry into a Grand Prize drawing to win a Nintendo DSi or a LEGO 8MP digital camera, and one $5.00 “Read Down Your Fines” coupon.
This program is free and open to the public. For more details on the program and prizes call 832-393-1313 or visit your local library.
*While supplies last.
**One of the programs may be substituted by visiting wonderopolis.org/camp and completing one of the online Camp What-A-Wonder weekly camp “Wonder” activities. Follow the instructions on the website to complete your badge. Print your badge and show it to your librarian as proof of completing online activity. Funding for Camp What-A-Wonder is provided by Better World Books.
Find out how your child can participate in this exciting opporutnity! Camp Stream is a free mini-camp program offered at several HPL locations this summer.