Welcome to the Interlibrary Loan service of the Houston Public Library. Please take a moment to read this page before proceeding with your request. Click here to log in to your ILL account.
- The maximum number of active Interlibrary Loan requests is five (5). This includes pending requests and items currently checked out.
- Interlibrary Loan items are subject to standard Houston Public Library fines and fees for overdue, damaged and/or lost materials.
- To request and receive interlibrary loan items, you must have a current Houston Public Library card in good standing.
- Interlibrary Loan materials must be checked out with your Houston Public Library card.
- Requests for items owned by Houston Public Library will be canceled even if the material is available for library-use only.
- Check out period is three (3) weeks with No Renewals.
- ILL requests will count towards the 30 hold limit on Houston Public Library materials. If an ILL request is received when a customer has 30 holds, the ILL cannot be processed. The customer will be notified that a hold must be cleared for the ILL request to be received.