HPL Community Engagement introduced a mobile computer-training lab, the HPL Mobile Express. This "computer classroom on wheels" is a new concept in the delivery of library services, bringing access to technology and a number of programs to high-need neighborhoods. Services provided include literacy programs, workforce development training, computer training, access to technology, homework help, enrichment programs, English as Second Language classes, after school programs, and library card registration.
HPL Mobile Express is equipped with 12 desktop computers, 10 laptops, wi-fi and a large-screen smart board for instruction, various programs, and more. The lab will expand the library’s services outside of the physical buildings, providing access to much-needed workshops and resources to areas with low to moderate income.
Criteria for HPL Mobile Express site visits include:
- Organization’s mission must relate to the mission and objectives of HPL.
- Organization’s programs and services must target underserved populations.
- Location must have adequate parking for the Mobile Express vehicle (dimensions: Length 42’, Width 8’4”, Height 13’6”).
- Location must allow for handicap access. (Mobile Express has handicap accessibility).
- Event or activity MUST consist of at least ten participants.
- Event request's preferred method is by submitting our request form.
- Event requests must be submitted at least six weeks prior to the event date.
- Event requests contain an option for a booth setup if the Mobile Express is unavailable.
- Must complete a “Customer Feedback” form at the completion of the program or service.
- Please email requests and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or
You can view Mobile Express' current schedule on the calendar below.